Senior Android App Developer
Bristol – Flexible Working
My client is one of the UK’s leading app and digital platform within their sector. Their product helps their customers search nationwide for certain products, plan ahead, share updates and overall give their customers a peace of mind and the confidence to go about their day with this digital platform. They have market leading technology brand and are a high growth company in scale-up phase. They have major financial banking from some big names and as a company they are looking for serious growth and that is starting within the tech team.
The tech team have big plans to broaden their reach beyond a consumer offering and expand internationally, they are looking to expand their applications team who are tasked with the responsibility to maintain and develop their key digital products; the objective being to deliver a market-leading experience to their consumers, business partners and their customers.
They are currently looking for an experienced Android App Developer to support their applications and services. In this role, you will work closely with the Lead Developers and Technical Architect to use the latest technologies to create simple and elegant solutions to complex software problems.
All candidates must have a strong history of building quality applications and be highly motivated to provide technical input to the operation and ongoing improvement of their digital services. This role offers an opportunity to play a key role in a new and disruptive sector, creating well-written software which users appreciate and which ultimately benefits the environment.
The successful candidate will join a team that includes app and web-developers at lead and senior levels, with an external team providing additional resources. As a company, they always welcome ambitious and motivated people with new ideas, who want to contribute to continuous improvements as our operation matures and the team grows. Professional development is encouraged, and training will be provided where required.
Role Responsibilities & Duties:
- To maintain and develop high quality code to maintain and develop our apps and services based on agreed tech requirements
- Work closely with the Lead App Developer and wider tech team to understand and refine requirements, write and execute testing protocols, and create product documentation
- Work with Technical Leads and CTO to develop solutions that meet strict security, data privacy, performance and resiliency requirements
- To provide expert knowledge and input where relevant so as to ensure all products are kept up to date and not allowed to become obsolete
- Provide hands-on technical knowledge in the development, operation, and ongoing improvement of Android-based digital services
- Ensure solutions adhere to agreed architectural approaches, and are delivered on time, meeting end user expectations
Technical Skills Required:
- Degree-level educated – 2.1 or above
- At least 5 years commercial experience as native Android developer
- Commercial experience working both in Java and Kotlin
- Experience with MVVM, Jetpack components and modern Android development stack
- Extensive experience of RESTful API and third-party integration
- Experience of TDD, BDD or other code testing practices
- Understanding of Modern Android App Architecture
- Understanding of SOLID principles and Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
Preferential Technical Skills:
- Commercial experience of working with Google Maps or other mapping platforms
- Commercial experience of implementing e-commerce platform or payment gateways
- Experience of Kotlin Coroutines, Flows
- Experience/knowledge of Automated UI test experience with Espresso
- Commercial experience of Apple or Google subscription services
- Experience/knowledge of Android Auto or wearables
Essential Team Skills:
- Ability to communicate confidently with people from any level of the business
- Creative-minded and able to identify and solve problems
- Commercially aware and able to focus on business targets
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and perform under pressure
This market is growing at an extraordinary pace. Working with this business means working in an innovative organisation, where new ideas and developments need to be actioned and deployed quickly. As one of the leading businesses in this space, you will have the chance to join a dynamic team and actively contribute to a more sustainable future.
For the role advertised, we are offering a competitive salary plus new benefits package:
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- Pension & Benefits scheme
- Flexible working options available
- Professional training to extend your skills
If this is a role you would be interested in hearing more information on, please contact Chelsea Laws on 07467 478 434 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org