We are recruiting for a successful and thriving small (but growing) company based on the outskirts of Bath, who are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk.
We are recruiting this position on a permanent basis, and will also consider temp to perm ...
Duties will cover:
- Process invoices, ensuring appropriate approval is in place in respect of current processes
- Process weekly payment runs and Ad-hoc payment requests, ensuring validity of requests and payment details (Multi currency)
- Investigate Debit balances, unpaid invoices and unallocated payments on the AP ledgers
- Query resolution regarding invoices, payments and purchase orders
- Regularly review the email inbox to ensure appropriate actions have been taken
- Ensure that statement reconciliations have been done for major accounts
- Ensure that business critical payments are authorised and paid in line with any agreements
- Assist in month end reporting and VAT classification checking.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as maybe required from time to time
- Build relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Be vigilant regarding potential fraudulent claims for payment
- Managing the email inbox.
- Answer enquires from internal and external contacts by email and telephone
- Support Manager and other team members in the execution of the role
- Ensure payments are correct supplier, amount and in a timely manner
- To be considered for this role you will need experience within Acoounts Payable, comfortable to hit the ground running, maybe looking for a little more autonomy.
- Computer Skills - Confident using Excel, including creation of reports and updating existing ones.
- Integrity and Trust - Seen as an honest individual who presents the truth without being brutal.
- Team Player- Works as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration.
- Friendly & Sociable - Has a positive outlook, wants to join in and enjoy work. Friendly and upbeat