Salary: £40-60K - Depending On Experience
Fancy shaping the future of a market-leading product? Joining a small team, you’ll get full ownership over one area of the client’s product’s and get stuck into a huge range of exciting and interesting challenges. You’ll also help drive real, visible commercial benefits for the company and their clients, as well as supporting growing start-ups across the UK.
My client is a rapidly growing company, which means you’d also have fantastic opportunities to progress - whether that’s advising on strategy or line management (or a mix!), as well as a super lovely, fun team to work alongside. Think Friday drinks, yoga, book club & more.
They are a market leading tech company that track the fastest growing companies in the UK (think Monzo and Deliveroo!). Their Product team is responsible for building and improving their data platform that is used by anyone with an interest in the start-up space (over 20 different industries).
Over the next few years they are looking to accelerate improvements to their platform - building brand new features that help investors to find the next big thing, salespeople to partner with suitable companies and government bodies to support new businesses!
To do so, they are looking to massively grow the Product function. As this is a new role, not everything is in place yet so there are tonnes of opportunities to bring knowledge of the best (and worst) product practices and shape how the function evolves over time.
Don’t worry though! They won’t throw you in the deep end, you’ll receive lots of support from the Head of Product as well as any training and direction you need to solve Product problems together.
- Discovery and User Research: You'll be analysing trends and speaking to the business’ main clients from over 20 different industries to understand what they want and need!
- Full Product Lifecycle: from conception to deployment. You’ll own a part of the platform/user group for a period of time and produce new features or changes from scratch.
- Testing outcomes to ensure the changes have a positive impact on their platform and the wider clients who use it!
- Trend-spotting: Keeping up with trends in their subscriber’s industries & new technologies/methods to dictate fresh and innovative ways to develop the platform
- Strategy: Working closely with the senior management team to develop long term product strategy, input on company direction and help shape their overall mission!
They are offering a competitive package of £40-60k + options depending on your previous experience. They invest a lot in keeping their people happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get:
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling, and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days, and regular team events
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea, and coffee
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ with the profile that we’re looking for, but you should have at least two years experience within product management, from conception to delivery.
Personality-wise, you should also be:
- Naturally inquisitive: The company is ever-changing so you should love learning new things and be excited to learn about their industries, market trends, and new tech!
- Ambitious: Joining into a small team, you should also be excited by the chance to progress rapidly and take on a lot of responsibility from day one!
- Emotionally intelligent: You’re able to build rapport with just about anyone, from colleagues to clients.
About the Business:
They are a market-leader for tracking and understanding the fastest growing companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform helps 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses. Other than the product, our real key to our success is our wonderful team.