Salary: £35-£55K - Depending On Experience
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging new position where you can have greater autonomy over your design work?
Joining my client’s small team, you’ll have the chance to own the full spectrum of design and drive visible commercial benefits for the company and their clients, as well as supporting growing start-ups across the UK! Working for a rapidly growing company, you’d also have fantastic opportunities to progress - whether that’s advancing as an individual contributor or line management (or a mix!), as well as a super lovely, fun team to work alongside :) Think Friday drinks, yoga, book club & more.
They are a market leading tech company that track the fastest growing companies in the UK (think Monzo and Deliveroo!). Their Product team is responsible for building and improving their data platform that is used by anyone with an interest in the start-up space (over 20 different industries).
Over the next few years they are looking to accelerate improvements to their platform - building brand new features that help investors to find the next big thing, salespeople to partner with suitable companies and government bodies to support new businesses!
To do so, they are looking to massively grow the Product function. As this is a new role, not everything is in place yet so there are tonnes of opportunities to bring knowledge of the best (and worst) product practices and shape how the function evolves over time.
Don’t worry though! They won’t throw you in the deep end, you’ll receive lots of support from the Head of Product as well as any training and direction you need to solve Product problems together.
- UX/UI Design: You’ll be using Figma to produce functional designs that allow their clients to find what they’re looking for!
- User Research: Speaking to clients across 20 different industries about what they love and don't love so much about the platform
- Collaboration: You’ll be working closely with product managers and developers to discover and deliver innovative and valuable solutions to their huge subscriber base (many of whom you’ll get to work and build relationships with!)
- Discovery: You’ll be keeping up on the latest trends, analysing data and bringing in the most innovative techniques to the team
They invest a lot in keeping their employees happy and healthy! So as well as that, you'll also get;
- Training: Structured training & regular personal development opportunities
- Wellbeing: Coaching, counselling, and virtual yoga/mindfulness sessions
- Socials: Drinks every Friday, office parties, company away days, and regular team events
- Options: Substantial options scheme, so you can share in the growth you help create
- Talks: Interesting speakers in the office
- Snacks: Unlimited supply of fruit, nuts, tea, and coffee
- Books: You can order any relevant books you like or come along to our book club evening
- Travel loans: Rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ with the profile that they are looking for, but you should have at least two years’ experience within product design (a bonus if it's in the B2B space, but don’t be put off if not!)
Personality-wise, you should also be:
- Naturally inquisitive: You should be curious and keen to learn about their industries, market trends, and dive into new and unfamiliar areas of product and design.
- Ambitious: Going into a small team, you should be excited by the chance to progress rapidly and take on a lot of responsibility from day one!
- Emotionally intelligent: You’re able to build rapport with just about anyone - whether it’s fellow designers, managers, and even clients.
About the Business:
They are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the fastest growing companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, their platform helps 20+ different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses. Other than the product, their real key to our success is their wonderful team.