Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Location: Central Bristol
Salary: £22-25,000, 37.5 hours a week, flexi working
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor and part of a team of 4, the Payroll Assistant will assist the Payroll team with the smooth running of the monthly staff payroll, helping to process weekly expenses and the documentation of taxable benefits. The Payroll Team act as the first point of contact for our internal customers, helping to resolve queries and manage all salary and expenses related payments and deductions and the associated administrative activities within strict deadlines.
Specific duties include:
- Ensure payroll payments are processed on a monthly basis within set deadlines
- Create manual calculations where necessary.
- Monitor the input of variable overtime payments into the Core Manager Self- Service system, helping to ensure that overtime has been authorised correctly and helping managers with system queries.
- Develop monthly payroll reports and reconciliations in order to ensure that third party suppliers are paid accurately and on time, liaising with external agencies when required.
- Deliver monthly online payslips and RTI in accordance with company deadlines
- Achieve targets and KPIs as agreed with line manager
- Manage workload so that the processing of all changes to payroll is done in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate reports of payroll data using the Payroll system
- Prepare and maintain control data and reconciliations
- Resolve staff queries
- Communicate with Finance and HR colleagues to improve efficiency within our shared processes
- Keep process documentation updated
- Input tax code changes using HMRC desktop loader
- Assist with the processing of expenses on a weekly basis
- Track taxable benefits made to employees and update P11Ds and PAYE settlement agreement to ensure that the correct amount of tax and national insurance is paid in accordance with HMRC regulations
- Support team with system testing for legislative, company and project changes
- Assist with pension input and audits
- To follow the Data Protection Policy and associated policies, keeping information confidential and secure, in order to ensure employee and customer data is protected and handled appropriately in line with legislative requirements
- Any other duties as required by line manager
Experience and key requirements:
- Payroll processing experience
- Up to date legislation experience
- High attention to detail
- Enjoy being part of a small, stable and established team
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Outlook
- Proven ability to organise workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and possessing the ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team