Job Title: Operations Accounting Manager
Location: North Bristol
Salary: £40,000+ comprehensive benefits
This is a new and exciting growth opportunity for a Group Operations Accounting Manager, who will take responsibility for process management & control as well as accounting for payroll related costs.
• Posting monthly payrolls and related costs for 13 entities across 11 countries
• Analytical review of payroll and related costs
• Reconciling payroll posting to payroll-provider reports and payments made
• Reconciling payroll and related benefits control accounts
• Liaising with Cashier on local funds availability
• Maintenance of policy and process documentation
• Allocating charges to users using supplier breakdowns and internal analysis
• Initiating Intercompany charges where needed; transferring costs within companies where needed
• Charging credit card statements and accruing costs where needed
• Maintain conformity between GL codes and reporting trees and internal consistency within local GL
• Adding new cost centre and Balance Sheet codes where needed
• Review and publish Exchange Rate Tables within GP
• Lead response to external audit questions, including local payroll audit
• Post corrections arising from input errors or ledger changes
As part of the Bristol Finance team, other responsibilities will be agreed as capacity becomes available.
• Precision and Accuracy in describing and posting transactions
• Good organisation and planning skills to ensure that the workload is managed and deadlines achieved. Out-of-hours working may be required at month-ends.
• Ability to identify and solve problems and to seek assistance where appropriate.
• Personal integrity to deal appropriately with confidential information
• Able to develop good working relationships locally and internationally.
• Knowledge and understanding of MS Dynamics Great Plains accounting platform
• It is expected the successful candidate will be Part Qualified with one of the major UK accounting bodies and actively seeking to complete their qualification, although experienced unqualified candidates will be considered.
• Demonstrable understanding of accounting for payrolls and benefits, particularly with regard to control accounts
• 2+ years experience of preparing reconciliations of prepayments and accruals that convey the story rather than list transactions
• 2+ years use of a financial systems package such as GP, Sage etc. Experience with a related reporting / data extraction tool is advantageous
• Good written and spoken English
• Excel skills sufficient to manipulate and tabulate data using Pivot Tables, Conditional calculations and linked workbooks
• Experience of multi-currency SME working and culture in a financial role.
• 25 days annual leave rising to 28 with length of service.
• Annual Holiday scheme also lets you `roll over' up to a maximum of 10 days into the next year helping you to take full advantage of your holiday entitlement.
• Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary - Additionally, you can choose to make your contributions via Salary Sacrifice.
• Group Life Assurance - As part of your core benefit package you are entitled to up to 9 times your annual basic salary
• Group Income Protection, up to 75% of salary
• Private Medical Insurance, up to family cover
For the right individual there is future career progression to Group Finance Operations within 2 years.