This market leading boutique Investment Company requires a Portfolio Analyst to support the delivery of Private Markets portfolios, playing an important role in the provision of information and investment advice to its diverse range of large UK institutions.
You will report to the Portfolio Managers (PMs) and/or Head of Private Markets (HoPM) and will be part of a wider Investment Directorate of 20+ people. You will be working with some of the leading specialists in the UK, and this role supports CFA study and is a great mentoring opportunity.
As a candidate you will either be already experienced in this field looking for a new challenge, or be a highly numerate, analytical type, with exceptional Excel and analysis skills looking to get into the investment sector. These opportunities are incredibly rare outside of London. Apply early!
You will work closely with colleagues to deliver Client outcomes via a series of Portfolios across the following asset classes: • Infrastructure • Private Debt • Private Equity • Property
Key Responsibilities :
1. Develop and maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to effectively and compliantly execute the relevant support, analysis and reporting.
2. Deliver directly, or indirectly, with colleagues, excellent service to external Clients.
3. Maintenance of records supporting monitoring and due diligence activities.
4. Responsible for the generation of commentary and insight for periodic Client reporting.
5. Using quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and techniques to support market and manager research, with a particular focus on Responsible Investment.
6. Support of thorough manager selection, due diligence and monitoring across the assigned Portfolios.
7. Support the development of new ideas and approach to improve portfolios or meet Client requirements through analysis and research, particularly in responsible investment.
8. Coordination of manager due diligence meetings.
9. Delivery for reporting and research for the Private Markets Team.
10. Provision of general support across the Investment Directorate to ensure the delivery of performance.
Skills and experience:
• Can, and will, embrace and protect our values and culture.
• Experience within the investment decision process, either at an FCA-regulated Investment Manager or within an asset owner.
• Is highly numerate with an understanding of statistical and quantitative techniques.
• Holds, or is willing to work towards, an investment qualification; CFA or similar preferred. Training towards a qualification will be supported if required.
• Is detail-oriented and considered a “completer-finisher”.
• Embracer of diversity