Front-End Software Engineer
£53,000 - £57,000 – Depending On Experience
I am currently recruiting for a Front-End Software Engineer to join a growing team that designs and develops financial software. This would be a fantastic opportunity to grow your skills and gain expert knowledge, working in a fast-expanding business within tech.
My client is looking for someone who can support the team by applying the candidate’s experience and technical knowledge with developing their products by their coding standards. You will have a varied workload, which they will be looking for someone to have good time keeping skills and be able to prioritise your time and tasks efficiently. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record in building software to a high standard and scalable by design, with a good understanding to introduce concepts to challenge or problem solving in software and processes.
- Writing & testing code to develop scalable and robust solutions, meeting the high performance of the company’s global institutions.
- Investigating problems & determining the best solutions.
- Support the ongoing development & maintenance the business’ in-house design system.
- Support development of the business’ solutions.
- Discussing their client’s requirements and proposed solutions with Senior Developers to fully understand the business’s requirements.
- Collaborate with other developers from the other departments.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Build credibility with team members.
- Experience with using Node.js
- Experience with SCSS
- Experience with unit testing tools such as Jasmine/Jest
- Experience with tools used in software development such as GIT, IDE’s
- Time management
- Strong focus on delivery
- Problem solving skills
- Build effective working relationships
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- A passion for software development
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Familiarity with automated testing concepts, methods & tooling such as, Protractor, Cucumber or Cypress
- Spring Boot
- Design experience
- Onsite parking
- 25 days annual leave rising to 28 with length of service.
- Annual Holiday scheme also lets you `roll over' up to a maximum of 10 days into the next year helping you to take full advantage of your holiday entitlement.
- Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary with the option to make contributions via Salary Sacrifice.
- Group Life Assurance - As part of your core benefit package from SmartStream you are entitled to up to 9 times your annual basic salary