You will be working for this Clifton based firm who are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant. You will work closely with the Assistant Director of Finance and Operations and other members of the Finance department to provide support in the maintenance, reporting and management of the businesses finances. You will be asked to provide administrative support and may also advise the company in relation to its overall accounting systems and processes. The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic, with excellent organisational skills and a keen focus on attention to detail. The role will involve interacting regularly with staff and suppliers and therefore strong interpersonal skills are essential. As a minimum the role requires some previous experience working in a finance department using Sage 200 Accounting Software. This post is full time, working 35 hours per week and is for 3 months whilst the finance department is being restructured.
The main duties of the Accounts Assistant will be as follows.
· To process sales ledger receipts and refunds;
· To respond to basic questions from customers regarding their accounts;
· To perform month end reconciliations of the sales ledger;
· To process purchase ledger invoices, obtain approvals and monitor the approval process;
· To process expense claim forms;
· To prepare weekly purchase ledger payment runs for approval by the Assistant Director of Finance and Operations;
· To reconcile supplier statements and resolve differences;
· To perform month end reconciliations of the purchase ledger;
· To reconcile credit card purchase transactions on a monthly basis;
· To perform bank and petty cash reconciliations for review;
· Preparation of journal entries for approval;
· Prepayments and accruals for approval.
To be considered for this role you will need a minimum one year’s in a similar position in a busy finance department , AAT at least level one or equivalent expertise and excellent analytical skills and interpersonal skills. It will be important to have the ability to prioritise, multi-task and cope with interruptions while maintaining accuracy.
Please call Sejal Hampson on 0117 369 9000 or click APPLY!